Cancellation, Relocation and Dismissal Policies:
All cancellations must be in writing to the Registrar by postal mail or e-mail. In the event of such written cancellation, for any reason, all trip fees paid will be refunded subject to a cancellation fee per person as follows:
- Cancellations before or on April 30th, $100.00 fee
- Cancellations from May 1st to 31st, 50% of trip fee
- Cancellations on or after June 1st or if leaving trip before its formal conclusion: no monies refunded.
- Cancellations while waitlisted for a trip, $100.00 fee.
- Cancellations when you are notified that your waitlist has cleared (i.e. there is a bed at the chalet for you): $200.00 fee.
- If you are able to arrange for someone else to take your place and it is more than 2 weeks before the trip start date, contact the Registrar.
- Wait lists will expire two weeks before a trip start date and all trip fees received will be refunded.
Government regulations require that we collect 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST) on all cancellation fees (GST No. 119254399RT).
Skyline Hikers reserves the right to cancel or relocate a trip/camp, either before or after its commencement, in response to unforeseen circumstances, which could include, but would not be limited to, closures enforced by any federal or provincial authority. In the event of such cancellation, $200.00 of the trip/camp fees paid plus applicable GST will be non-refundable. Of the remainder, any unassigned portion applicable to the cancelled trip/camp will be refunded. In the event of relocation of the trip/camp, no monies will be refunded.
Further, Skyline Hikers reserves the right to refuse any registration of any participant for any reason. We reserve the right to dismiss the participant from the Trip or refuse participation in hiking or other trip-related activity if Skyline Hikers determine, in its sole discretion, that taking into account individual and group safety and enjoyment, the participant is not physically, technically or psychologically prepared for or capable of participating in such activity. In such circumstances, the participant is not entitled to a refund.
Skyline Hikers is not responsible for any other travel or accommodation arrangements affected due to the cancellation or relocation of a trip/camp or dismissal of a participant from trip/camp or related activity. Skyline Hikers strongly advises participants to consider purchasing appropriate insurance to cover trip interruption or cancellation, activity cancellation, quarantine or related transportation and accommodation in case of any health condition, loss of luggage or other personal property damage or loss, and out-of-province medical insurance, as appropriate..