Parking and Pick-up Points
Overnight parking in Canmore is scarce. So Skyline Hikers recommends that hikers try to use one of the alternates below:
- Car pool with other hikers from your originating destination
- Car pool with other hikers from Calgary & leave your vehicle there
- Have family or friends drop you off & pick you up
- Choose hotels that accommodate 1 week parking
You must notify your Trip Coordinator of your pick-up point at least two weeks before the trip start date (earlier if possible).
The bus pick-up points are as follows:
- Calgary at the Acclaim Hotel at at 7:00 am
- Canmore Visitor Information Centre (time is TBD)
- Other pick-up locations are still TBD but may include Banff and/or Lake Louise
There will be a short (3 hour) hike before arriving at the camp.
On the return trip, the bus will leave the camp at approximately 9:00 am and stop at the same locations for drop-off. It should arrive back in Calgary by early afternoon.
Hikers should avoid tight travel arrangements for their continued trip home.
You will need accommodation and meals for the night before the hike (including breakfast on the morning of departure). Reservations need to be made well in advance. Hikers return in the early afternoon and, depending on personal travel arrangements, may also need a hotel room for this night.
See more details on the Staying There page.